Monday, September 1, 2008

Living as a single mother

So, it's me, Cherie. I have been a "single mother" for the last 4 days while my husband has been backpacking in the Olympic Mountains. I think everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. We all got sick - really bad colds. We stayed home and did nothing. The DVD player wouldn't work - the VCR busted. The dog threw up on the carpet. Micah has a cold in both eyes. The sink got plugged. Abby got pink eye. Micah peed through more clothes than I could wash. I was supposed to wear something "Hawaiian" for church, and couldn't find a thing. We were late for church. There are fruit flies reproducing somewhere in our house. Micah ended up with milk all over his face and in his eyes/ears when Abby tried to feed him when I wasn't looking, and Abby found a pen and wrote on the outside of my current book, my journal, and my leather Bible! And the list goes on . . . but we just got the phone call that daddy is on his way home . . . so everything that went wrong, suddenly seems like nothing - our favorite "man" is coming home - and we're VERY ready for him to be here! Makes a person laugh - yep, that's what I did! I cried a little too!

5 comments:

Family Ketchum said...

Love your blog, sis! I feel just like you have. Ang has been caring for a sick staff member and has been away for a couple of days. It's me and the kids, and my impatience, loneliness, and fatigue. You make me laugh. I love the photos of M & A. I went and looked @ 'em all the other day. Miss you guys a lot. Love, brutha Ryan.

Reiter family said...

Thanks bro! I'm glad I'm not alone in the whole "experience" of single parenthood! lol Hope you've gotten to relax and rest a little since then. Miss you and wish we could hug you! It's almost your birthday dude - old man! :)

Lindsay said...

Haha, I love it. One thing you forgot though, some crazy teen that went of to college has been calling non-stop crying her eyes out everytime over something that is good for her. AND she always calls right in the middle of feeding time or pooping time and during the only time you get to spend alone NAP time. Haha
Love you guys and miss you tons.
I'm sure i'll call tomorrow ;)

The McNei (x4) said...

oh, man- you're speaking my language! chippy went on a 14er trip a few weeks ago, too. i think the hardest part was wanting to be on that mnt too... i dig the blog! love you!!!

The McNei (x4) said...

"the" meaning "the mcnei" pronounced mc-n-eye, as in "i" or plural... oh, for crying out loud- it's the McNeiece Family :)